January 05 What is LOVE? (Hint a perspective)
Canadian born rapper spoken word artist a poet and now an international bestselling author who writes about love and goes by Humble The Poet. this is from his new book How to be Love
- Love Is always there
- There are no flaw that we have which prevents someone from loving us
- Show up in service for others
- Accept your body without judgement get naked look at yourself and list 5 things you love about your body, say it out loud, tell others. I love how strong my arms are for example, or my eyes sparkle and are beautiful
- Honor yourself with gratitude
- Dance with yourself daily get in tune with your body move with the music
- Practice doing something outside your comfortable zone If you’re afraid of heights go for a hike. If you fear public speaking, join toastmasters.
- Power is given to who you blame for your situation. Choose not to be a victim. Be accountable and responsibility for your situation, even if it is only 1% your fault, give the power to you.
- Reframe your perspective I am not my challenges. A partial stroke left me with long term deficits and it has not stopped me from starting a charitable foundation (seventhgift.ca) or producing and hosting a podcast, Empatic Witness, when there are literally thousand in existence.
- Be authentic and vulnerable
- Meditate take out am I doing it right or wrong? just be still
- Feel what you’re feeling. If you’re sad observe what you’re experiencing without judgement, be curious about that feeling.
- Identify that one positive thing in the negativity around you